Friday, January 22, 2016

Support Yourself in the Process

If anyone could tell you the shortest, surest way to all happiness and all perfection, he must tell you to make it a rule to thank and praise God for everything that happens to you.  For it is certain that whatever seeming calamity happens to you, if you thank and praise God for it, you turn it into a blessing.  You could not do more for yourself than by this thankful spirit; for it turns all that it touches into happiness.  William Low

Change "happiness" into "success."  Or change "happiness" into whatever word you need in your life in order to experience more and move forward.

As I think back in my life, I am the one that kept me stuck in places that I didn't want to be because I was too stubborn to admit that I didn't know any better, didn't know what to do, didn't know that I could change the focus of my calamity, didn't have the clarity of mind to figure out what I had to do next, or just didn't get the process.  

Even in my spiritual teachings, I didn't get turning everything into a blessing by having a thankful spirit.  Now, I am thinking, how could I have missed it for so long?

These last two weeks have been a challenge for me.  I had more oral surgery and for whatever reason, it takes me longer to recover than most people.  Yesterday, my prayer partner said something like this to me.  "I support you in your frustration and your pain and your inability to rest."  What!?!  Pray for me to heal!!!  Then I got it.  I have to be grateful for where I am before I can go forward into something else.  

I got that I am grateful that I was able to get the surgery, recover from being under anesthesia, had the time to rest and allow my body to recover and to heal, that I had the time to contemplate some deeply painful subjects for me and now to be able to move on.


What I find fascinating is that I woke up this morning virtually in total comfort in my mouth.  All by changing my focus and for being grateful allowed me to experience a different reality.  Remind me that I can do this more often in other areas of my life!   

No comments:

Post a Comment