Saturday, March 26, 2011

Support the roadside lemonade stands...

Driving through the neighborhood today, I saw a tiny table set up with a tiny sign that said, "Lemonade for Sale."  Two very cute girls were sitting behind the table anxiously awaiting their customers.  The price for the lemonade was $.25 or $1.25.  Interesting.  Did I want a quarter cup or full cup of lemonade?

Since buying my fancy car, I have secret hiding drawers in it and one of them is for the storage of extra quarters.  Instead of digging in the back seat for my purse, I used my stash of quarters.  So, I kept handing one little girl a quarter at a time while she counted and kept track.  When we got to the requisite $1.25, I just kept handing her more money.  "Stop," she said, "this is more than enough."

Her sign said that they were collecting for the Cancer Society so I told her to just keep taking the money until I ran out.  Well, her eyes got so big.  What fun it was to astound her with generosity.

One of the things I love doing is supporting other people in doing what it is that they love to do.  What would life have been like for all of us, had we had the generous support while being eight or nine years old?  We need to do everything we can to support our neighborhood entrepreneurs.  These tiny sales people made me want to drive around the block and come back and buy more lemonade.

Remembering that everything in our lives matter, including supporting those along our path.  If you can't astonish yourself, do something wonderful to astonish someone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment