Sunday, March 13, 2011

Think Solution

Dr. David Hawkins tells me, "One basic principle has the power to resolve the problems of the social marketplace: Support the solution instead of attacking the supposed causes."


I learned a variation of this principle early in my studies of Religious Science, but it is one that still plagues me to this day.  Maybe it is from my early childhood upbringing, cultural habits, or maybe even not wanting to take full responsibility of what I have created in my life, but going for the solution and not focusing on the problem is a real challenge.

Just rereading the last paragraph makes me think about "why" is this such a challenge?  I was raised with "what would the neighbors think," or "just for the fun of it, let's blame....," or "I didn't know better."  Anything to not face up to "It's my fault."

Most of the problems I have in my life now are from the fact that I wasn't able to face the solution or come to a solution in times past.  I am still working on something that happened years ago, when I took for face value that someone was telling me the truth when in essence, wasn't.  I didn't want to have to figure out my own solution at the time.  Guess what?  Now I have to not only figure out how to solve it but I have to go back and figure out how to get out from under the issue.

Another one of my teachers, Vernon Howard, tells me, "do what is in front of you." In recent years, I have been able to do that.  The trick to it is to think about the solution or the decision made not just for the present time, but for the future times too.  Now, I really want to be sure that the decision I make is not about to come back and bite me in the posterior region.  That makes the process of "thinking solution" a little more involved than just surface thinking.

Maybe the title of this should be "Think Deeper!"

No comments:

Post a Comment