Wednesday, March 23, 2011

What is the purpose of the gym?

Soon after I opened up more time in my life, I decided that I wanted to create a healthier body, be stronger, more flexible and be able to bend and move with ease.  Solution?  Take up Yoga.

Looking around for a class was daunting.  There were lots of choices but most all of them were located across town from me.  Ah, there was a YMCA nearby and they had Yoga.

Off I go.  When I get there, there are a lot of cars in the parking lot and so I drive to the back and proceed to park.  As I get out of my car, I see a car circling the parking lot.  As I get closer to the front door, a spot opens and this car pulls in.

This whole thing has me a bit puzzled because I come to the YMCA for exercise.  Even walking the parking lot is exercise for me.  What is with parking close to the door?  It's not even summertime yet!

Realizing that everything in my life is important, not finding a parking spot in front of the door, is equally as important because it facilitates my larger purpose of exercise.  Working out outside the YMCA means working less on the inside.  Being in the sunshine, breathing fresh spring air in the early morning... doesn't get any better than this.

No comments:

Post a Comment