Thursday, March 17, 2011

Sweet Smelling People

Spent the morning touring The Alamo with my grandniece, Katie.  While sitting on the wall outside, resting while we were enjoying a lime icey (St. Patrick's Day, you know), a homeless person came by asking for 2 dimes.  What can anyone do with 2 dimes these days?  I was about to accommodate him when this breeze wafted over him in my direction.  I about keeled over!  Now, I could hardly wait until he moved on.

While working in San Francisco, we use to have a man who patrolled our street that we called the Toll Taker.  He always asked for a quarter.  One day, I told him that I didn't have a quarter but did have  a dollar.  He said no, he needed a quarter and walked away.

What do they do?  Accumulate the money in order to get what it is that they want?

There have been times when I have had to work outside on a very hot day and could hardly stand the smell of myself.  Do you get use the stench?  What?

Walking in downtown San Francisco one day with a friend, we saw some public rest rooms - just out in the open.  The cost to get in was a quarter.  We paid the quarter and when we closed the door, we could stand inside and look outside. The whole outside world was visible. When people walked by and looked at the facility, it looked like they were looking inside.  There was a sink, toilet and a shower.  We got out of there as quickly as possible as it gave us both the hibbie-gibbies.  Needless, to say, this was a topic of conversation for months afterward.

This morning, I wanted that public restroom to be in San Antonio because I would have gladly paid for the guy to bath, drink coffee, get a soft drink, have a sit-down-seven-course-dinner, whatever he wanted.

My gratitude journal today addresses the fact that "there for the grace of God go I."  Infinite Intelligence help me keep making some really good choices.  Keep me smelling sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment