Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Whoa!

Having been off work for two weeks, I still seem to be moving at the pace of great speed and for no good reason.  Going back to my days of growing up on a farm in North Dakota, I am having to remind myself of a word my Father used to slow down the huge draft horses - Whoa!

What is this speed about anyway?  What do I think I am going to miss if I slow down?  My spiritual practice tells me that the Infinite speaks to us at a time when we can listen carefully and when our attention is focused inwardly.

In the book, "The Seven Whispers," Christina Baldwin has a great breathing spiritual practice which with each inhalation leads to inspiration.

  1. One breath to let go.
  2. One breath to be here.
  3. One breath to ask now what?
  4. One breath to listen.
In order to live consciously, I must remember to slow down to the speed of God, breathe, and listen carefully for my next direction in my new life.  It is very exciting to be involved in the next new mystery that is calling me forward in my highest and best life.  Whoa!

No comments:

Post a Comment