Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Happy New Year!

I have been reading about New Year Resolutions, not making any, getting inventive about them, just living in the present, and creating an epic life.

Epic?  Epic is defined as very great or large and usually difficult or impressive.  I don't want my life to be large, or difficult but maybe a little bit impressive.  Rather, I would like my life to be significant which is defined as very important.  I think having a life that is important is easier than large, difficult or impressive.

Lots of authors on self-improvement have a great many ideas on what works and what doesn't.  Most of what many say, don't work for me.  I have discovered that my mind works differently than most minds.  So, what works for me is asking different questions about what stimulates me into action.  

Questions like:

1.  What gets me really excited about the New Year?

2.  What new things would I like to do, or learn or find out more about?

3.  What would I like 2015 to stand out in my mind in 2016?

4.  What would be really fun and exciting to do?

 5.  What does my ideal life look like?

Rather than getting depressed about having more resolutions bite the dust in February, I look at resolutions in a completely different way.  Most of why I do this is to make sure that my life works for me.  How about you?



No comments:

Post a Comment