Friday, September 25, 2015

Make It All An Adventure

Passion excites and compels you.  It makes your life rich and extraordinary.  Marcia Wieder 

Have you ever wondered what makes life extraordinary?  What could make your life extraordinary?  What does it mean to be extraordinary?

Marcia goes on to tell us, "...when you open up to the potential of having what you want, you allow wonderful people and events to appear in your life.  When  you clarify what you're committed to having, and when you believe that everything is possible, the results i your life will seem effortless and show up easily.  The key is to get in touch with what you feel passionate about, what excites and motivates you."  

So few people ever think about, let alone do something, that will move them into a place of excitement, motivation and passion.  I think that is what makes us extraordinary.  

Recently, I was looking for something I wrote out about what my purpose in life was.  Couldn't find it on my computer.  Where did I write that and what was it about?  I know it was short, compelling, and kept me focused for a lot of years.  

In my process of lightening up my life, I made the decision to release my 2,000 plus library of books and to pass them on to be treasures for someone else.  I would keep the ones that I still wanted to read but release the ones already read and those which no longer had an interest for me.

In picking up Marcia's book, Making Your Dreams Come True, I found what I was looking for.  Somewhere in my past, I took a marketing course and we had to write out our purpose - a directive that would keep us on track and would be something easy to reply to the question of, "What is it that you do?"  

I wrote, "I assist people in deepening their spiritual practices to create a higher quality of life."  What this means to me is that I add value, share information, inspire, encourage and support, see the spiritual magnificence in everyone, have fun, and make life an adventure.  And I am still doing that.  
I invite you to think about what it is that keeps you up late at night, wakes you up early in the morning eager to jump into your life, what is so wonderful and compelling that you can hardly wait to do it and what it is that keeps you doing it over and over, day after day.  Being extraordinary is inherent in all of us.  I want more of it, how about you?



No comments:

Post a Comment